Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More on Taking the Photo's

Going to the cemetery was interesting.  It brought to light who the founders of Lebanon were and what kind of families they had.  it was interesting seeing how many children they had and how old they were.  What shocked me, but shouldnt have, was how many  young children died and how many were born into the families.  It was interesting that I found so few crosses in a town full of churches.  I found only 2 headstones that were a cross.  Where I grew up there were many crosses as headstones.  I thought that I would find the same here, I was wrong.  Back home it is common to see Celtic crosses, star of David, and other religious symbols on the stones.  Here there were many obelisk's, statues, and simple arched stones.  I was also shocked at how many were knocked over or broken.  I guess where I grew up people were more respectful of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment